New to Evie Chargers? We’ve got you covered!
If you’re unsure about how to charge your electric vehicle at an Evie site, our comprehensive how-to-charge guide has got you covered. We’ll walk you through the process step by step, making charging your vehicle effortless and efficient.
Plug in your car
It’s important to know which plug type is compatible with your car. The majority of EVs in Australia use the CCS2 charging standard, though there are some cars that use CHAdeMO, like the Nissan Leaf
- Remove the correct plug from the dock and plug it into your car. Make sure it’s inserted all the way in.
- Did you know, you can filter by plug type in the Evie App, so you only see the number of plugs relevant to you at each station?
Select the charging station you’re at
- If you have location services enabled, the Evie App will prompt you with a message about the station you’re currently at.
- If you don’t have location services on, you can tap ‘Scan’ on the map screen. Then direct the camera to the QR code on the charging station you want to use.
Select your plug & start charging
- Once you’ve chosen your charging station, simply select the plug you put into your car and tap the ‘Start Charging’ button.Now you’re good to go! Make sure you enable notifications in your Profile Settings to stay updated about your charging progress.
Tap & charge with an Evie Pass RFID card
We offer EV drivers a free RFID card so that you can start a charge without using your phone. This can be handy if you’re sharing your car or if there is limited mobile reception at your charging location.
You can get your hands on an Evie Pass RFID card by ordering it through the Evie app.
Take a look at our detailed guide on how to order and activate your Evie pass.